Adelaide duo Melissa Barnes and Cat Southern both share a passion for fashion and the races. Their love for the track and Fashions on the Field is the driving force behind Racewear Carousel.
We went along to one of our favourite shopping destinations Harbour Town Adelaide to see if we could put together some fabulous race day finds on a budget. With so many fabulous stores full with stylish items we found it very hard to narrow it down.
RACEWEAR CAROUSEL’S TOP 5 TIPS ON FINDING A BARGAIN AT HARBOUR TOWN
- If you see it and love it… BUY IT straight away! Bargains don’t hang around for long especially when they are the last in stock and on sale.
2. Always try on before you buy – some items may be reduced because of their cut or unusual shape. There are usually no return policies on sale items so choose carefully.
3. Look at samples or damaged stock, these are often heavily reduced and for repairs (like broken zips) you can take it into be altered. Makeup often comes out with baby wipes or some stain removing spray.
4. Check back regularly as stores are constantly getting in new stock in.
5. Be prepared to shop out of season. You can buy some great staples and stash them away for when you need them later in the year.
HOW TO DIY AN AMAZING HEAD PIECE
THE GOLDEN CROWN
Cat’s head piece is a choker necklace that has been pinned into her hair and highlighted with a head band.
THE EMBELLISHED HAT
Melissa’s felt hat was easily transformed with three pin on flower brooches to create a halo look.
THE FLOWER CROWN
Cat’s head piece was created by pinning 3 flower clips to a simple silver headband.